Tuesday 20 December 2016

My Interview with Author Lisa Lang Blakeney



Q & A

1.     When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
I’ve always known that I wanted to be a writer. There’s always been something very relaxing about writing on a fresh pad of paper using a medium ballpoint pen or using a typewriter since I was very little.

2.     Where do you get your ideas for your book?
I devour romance. I read a ton of it, and I watch a ton of it. So I end up taking the usual romance storylines that I’ve seen hundreds of times and add my own twist to one.

3.     What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?
I love to read, sing, go to concerts, travel, play word games, watch foreign language dramas, and garden.

4.     How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I’ve written five novels so far, and just like my children, I don’t have a favoriteJ

5.     Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?
My philosophy has been to expand my readership one reader at a time. I think many new writers see their favorite indie authors on the bestseller lists and think that they made it there overnight. There are a few examples of overnight success in indie publishing, but most authors are expanding their readership and building a fan base one book at a time. So my suggestion to new authors would be to remember that it’s definitely a journey, not a race. And go write!


6.     What do you think makes a great story?
Characters you give a damn about.

7.     Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
Authors from my childhood that inspired me are Jane Austen and The Bronte Sisters. Authors I love now are Jamie Begley, Penelope Ward, Johanna Wylde and Whitney Gracia.

8.     What are you working on at the moment?(optional)
I’m currently working on my sixth novel which is the second book in my King Brothers series and features Cutter King.

9.     What genre are your books?
I’m a bit of a genre floater. Some of my books are in new adult, romantic suspense, urban, and sports romance.

10.                        What drew you to the genre you write?
Ultimately all of my books are steamy contemporary novels. I write novels under this umbrella, because this is what I enjoy reading.

11.                        Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)
I honestly do not have a vision for that. I like for people to be able to “see” anyone they like as the leads in my novels. I don’t force feed readers descriptions of what I think the characters should look like. It’s up to the reader.

12.                        Do you write full-time or part-time?
I am a full time writer.

13.                        What is the hardest thing about writing?
I find that writing a series is much more difficult than writing a standalone novel. You have to remember so many small details, and make sure not to muck them up in the next book. I barely remember what I ate for lunch yesterday!

14.                        Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
Write a scene, any scene, that comes to mind and worry about fitting it into the flow of your story later. If you try to write in chapter order all of the time, you will more than likely get stuck.

15.                        Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?
I am a voracious reader, and I read most romance genres. Authors I’m reading right now are Mariana Zapata, JR Ward, and Whitney Gracia.

16.                        Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

17.                        How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment