Saturday 25 February 2017

My Interview with Author Isobelle Cate



       When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
I wanted to become a writer the first time I read Nancy Drew and then later, Sweet Valley High a long, long time ago, in a land far, far away. ;)

       Where do you get your ideas for your book?
I get inspiration everywhere. It can be from clan lore, a song, the scenery. The idea for my paranormal romance stories came from ‘what if’ moments. Like what if I make a hybrid from two paranormal beings who despise each other (i.e.) vampires and werewolves? And the Cynn Cruors was born.

       What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?
I like to people watch when I can because I can make up stories in my head about what they are thinking. I’ve rediscovered my love for baking and cooking. I love going to the movies and I’m happy that my son has developed a liking for movies too. When I can, I just like reading in bed in my jammies.

       How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I’ve written 16 books and novellas (I think!) and there’s still more to come!

       Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?
Passion is the most important part of writing! Without passion, it can be so easy to give up the dream and doubt yourself. Learn from your favourite authors. Keep at it. Study the rules so that you’ll know how to bend them. Rules are just guides. And write for yourself first before others. Why? Because if you’re not really invested in what you write, readers will notice.

       What do you think makes a great story?

A great plot and characters a reader can empathize with. A great story is one where a reader feels what the characters are going through. A great story is one which stays with you even after the last page has been read and the paperback has been closed.

       Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
In the paranormal genre, it would be Tina Folsom, J.R. Ward, and Donna Grant. I love their books!

       What are you working on at the moment?
I’m working on three books at the moment. Yup! I’m going banana bonkers! I’ve just released Midnight's Yule and in the middle of completing Dragonslayer, Dragon Heart.

       What genre are your books?
My main genre is paranormal followed by contemporary romance and historical romance.

       What drew you to the genre you write?
My love for reading novels in the genre I write. :)

       Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)
Oh wow, I really wouldn’t know. I always thought Jason Momoa would make a good Herod D’Argyle from Midnight’s Paradox. Henry Cavill would make a fantastic Roarke Hamilton from Forever at Midnight.

       Do you write full-time or part-time?
I write part-time. Wish it could be full time. What stories I could write!

       What is the hardest thing about writing?
When there are too many interruptions. And because I'm a part-time writer, the lack of time to really immerse myself in the story to write.

       Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
Move away from your manuscript and take a breather. If you still haven’t written anything yet, do the ‘What if’ game/prompt. Ask yourself ‘what if’ questions and it can start the creative juices flowing. Writer’s block is mainly your brain saying, “Hey, I need a break!”.

       Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?
I’ve always liked a good mystery. Maybe someday I might try that genre, who knows?  I used to read The Prophet by Khalil Gibran a lot. I still do to this day. It’s a beautiful poem that can teach us a lot of things about life. I’m a Potter fan so I’ve read Harry Potter and have watched the films. When I was much younger I voraciously read all of the Nancy Drew mysteries I could get my hands on. I loved that series! I would love go back to a time when I could read at leisure.

       Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Authors will never be able to share their stories without readers and bloggers like you. Thank you. :)

       How can Readers discover more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

Facebook:








Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

Thank you for having me! Isobelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment