Saturday 25 February 2017

My Interview with Author Wren McCabe



1.     When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

 Years ago but just started writing full-time and finished started manuscripts in 2016. Released first book Encased by Steel 02/02/2017

2.     Where do you get your ideas for your book?

 I can be walking or driving down a street and see something that triggers my imagination and I can develop a story from just that person or object.

3.     What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

 I love fishing, writing, reading, hiking, watching movies and coloring.

4.     How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

 I have written over 25 books but only published one. My favorite by far is the newest release Encased by Steel

5.     Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

 I was given this advice in 2014. Never give up your dream as a writer, but go big or go home. It’s a tough industry out there and you need to stay strong and keep writing.

6.     What do you think makes a great story?

 Character interaction and storyline.

7.     Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

 Harley McRide, Carson MacKenzie, Rayne O’Gara, JA Lafrance, Michel Prince, and Christine Feehan.

8.     What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

 Lukas, Book Three, paranormal, and Concealed by Steel Book three – Steel MC. In edits, Cloaked by Steel, Book Two, Steel MC. In edits, Thorn, Book One, and Lucien, Book Two new paranormal series.

9.     What genre are your books?

 Contemporary MC (motorcycle club) romance and still coming Paranormal

10.What drew you to the genre you write?

 My love of bad boys and bikers. Paranormal the shifters for sure.

11.Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

  Julian Mora as Preacher - Concealed by Steel and Charlie Huunam – Cloaked by Steel as Mickey

12.Do you write full-time or part-time?

 I’ve finally made the decision to write full-time

13.What is the hardest thing about writing?

 Getting the story polished. Many edits and read throughs.

14.Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

 I clean and work through a scene in my head then use a notebook to start the new scene. It’s cured many days of writer’s block.

15.Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

 I read contemporary, paranormal, fantasy, drama and suspense. My favorite authors include, Harley McRide, Carson MacKenzie, Rayne O’Gara, Michel Prince, JA LaFrance, VA Dold, Christine Feehan, Nora Roberts, and Nalini Singh

16.Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

 Thank you for this interview and all the loving support I’ve received from you.

17.How can Readers discover more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

  Wren McCabe Facebook - Twitter - Wren McCabe - Instagram - Wren McCabe - Wren McCabe - Website.

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

Thanks again,

Wren McCabe, Author

No comments:

Post a Comment