Sunday 16 October 2016

My Interview with Author Angie Dokos



1.    When did you first realize you wanted to become a writer/author?

I told my mom I wanted to be an author when I was little. I always wrote stories for fun. When I was a teenager I realized that actually becoming an author was probably not in my future, but I continued to write just for a hobby. In 2014, I was helping my daughter with a school project, it was then that I decided I would publish a book. I knew it wouldn’t be a best seller, but I knew it would at least entertain some people. Now I’ve decided to take more of my stories and turn them into books. Maybe one day, one will end up on the best sellers list.

2.    Where do you get your ideas for your books?

I get ideas everywhere. There are many of my ideas that have come from real life situations that I’ve just added to. I have ideas that have formed from other books and movies. I’ve combined plots from two or more, or added to the plots. I’ve come up with stories based on songs. And of course, some from the news.

3.    What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Reading. Hiking. I love to travel, but don’t get to do it very often.

4.    How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I have written many stories. I have only written and published one complete book, Mackenzie’s Distraction. I currently have two books in the works. I hope to have one finished in December.

5.    Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Don’t quit. Just keep writing. Even if you do nothing with it, keep writing, it’s great therapy if nothing else. Writing is my way to live more than one life. It’s also my escape from reality.

6.    What do you think makes a great story?

Main characters that you can relate to and care about, an interesting plot, and some humor.

7.    Which writer/authors inspire you?

I have many, but to name just a few: Dean Koontz, Jennifer Armentrout, Colleen Hoover, Karin Slaughter, and John Grisham.

8.    What are you working on at the moment?

Another new adult romance novel. It’s about a young man that finds a girl that has been beaten and left for dead.

9.    What genre are your books?

New adult romance.

10. What drew you to the genre you write?

I’m a sucker for romance. When I first started Mackenzie’s Distraction, I planned for it to be a young adult romance, but it fell more along the lines of new adult.

11. Which actor/actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?

I had a hard time answering this question the first time I was asked. I think Mackenzie would be well portrayed by Lucy Hale. I could name quite a few I’d like to see play the part of Trevor. J Liam Hemsworth would probably be my top pick for him.

12. Do you write full-time or part-time?

Only part-time, unfortunately.

13. What is the hardest thing about writing?

Marketing! I love writing. Editing isn’t too much fun. Formatting was difficult. But marketing is the worst.

14. Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

I haven’t had that problem yet, but one suggestion is to always stop writing in the middle of a sentence. The next time you start typing, you already know where you’re going with it. With any luck, it just keeps going. Another tip is to get away from it for a few minutes. Go walk, exercise, or if you’re like me, take a shower or drive. Ideas seem to hit me when I can’t write them down. In the car I use a voice recorder to make notes for myself. I haven’t come up with a great idea to capture my great ideas in the shower. Another idea is to start writing about something totally different just to get the creative juices flowing.

15. Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I read a lot! I listen to books on Audible when in the car. I read almost all genres. My favorites are psychological thrillers and mystery, but I also love dystopian and paranormal romance. A few of my favorite authors are Jennifer Armentrout, Colleen Hoover, and Dean Koontz.

16. Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

Nothing I can think of. Thank you for the interview.

17. How can Readers discover more about you and your work? (please provide proper links)
Social media of course. J All my links are below, including the link to purchase Mackenzie’s Distraction. If they go to my website they can sign up to receive my newsletter. I don’t send too many, so don’t worry about them bogging down your inbox.
Here are the links to order:
Kindle
www.amazon.com/dp/B01BL4H20E
Paperback
www.amazon.com/dp/1523378328

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for comments and please do share my blog thanks a million Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete