Sunday 16 October 2016

My Interview with Author S.H. Richardson



1.     When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

It wasn’t something I decided. I found myself in a position that I had time on my hands so I decided to just go for it.

2.     Where do you get your ideas for your book?

                         Most of it comes from my imagination but the storylines include personal experiences as well.

3.     What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

I love to read and that probably what pushed me to begin writing.

4.     How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I’ve written two and working on a third. My favorite is The Junkyard Boys because it was the first. 

5.     Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Just do it. A lot of aspiring authors are afraid of the outcomes if they decided to publish, most won’t take the chance. I say go for it. 

6.     What do you think makes a great story?

A great story keeps you wanting more when it’s over. 

7.     Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

                                    The Queen- Jackie Collins

8.     What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

                I’m working on a novella that I hope to release by Mid November. It’s part of The Junkyard Boys series.

9.     What genre are your books?

                                Romance 

10.                        What drew you to the genre you write?

                     It’s my favorite to read so it’s my favorite to write about.

11.                        Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

         I’m not really sure about that question. I don’t watch a lot of television so the newer actors definitely would not be included in my vision.

12.                        Do you write full-time or part-time?

               I write full time now.

13.                        What is the hardest thing about writing?

Sitting down to do it. I don’t want it to ever become a chore so I only write when I want to and not because I have to. 

14.                        Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?


15.                        Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

Yes I read as much as I can when I’m not writing. Tillie Cole, Harper Sloan, Nicole James, VI Keeland, and so many wonderful Indies out there I could go on forever. 

16.                        Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

Not that I can think of. As a new author I just hope that the readers decide to take a chance on my work. 

17.                        How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)




Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment