Sunday 9 October 2016

My Interview with Author B B Easton



1.     When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I’ve always loved writing. When I was a kid I would spend hours scribbling in notebooks, pretending like I was writing before I even knew how. When I was an angsty teen I spent hours writing angsty poetry. When I became a mom and a wife I started journaling. But I didn’t realize was going to be an author until a psychic in Sedona, Arizona told me. At that time I had written about 25% of what would turn out to be 44 Chapters About 4 Men. It was mostly just journal entries and short stories. When I sat down with this psychic she held her hands over my hands and said, “You’re writing a book.” I was like, “Holy shit! I am writing a book!”

2.     Where do you get your ideas for your book?

44 Chapters About 4 Men and my upcoming Four Men spin-off series are inspired by my real life relationships, but the style I write in is very much influenced by my favorite book genres: comedic memoirs and bad boy romance novels.

3.     What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Drinking, mostly. Drinking while traveling. Drinking while watching live music. Drinking while reading dirty books. Drinking while playing Cards Against Humanity…

4.     How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I’ve written one and am almost done with my second. I think 44 Chapters About 4 Men will always be my baby. It’s so quirky and sexy and funny and evil. But the book I’m working on now has my heart. It’s a complete one-eighty from 44 Chapters. It’s a coming of age story that is dark and taboo and romantic and sad and heart warming and it is so different from 44 Chapters I almost feel like I’m channeling it. 

5.     Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Write whatever the fuck you want. Self-publish it. Then write more of whatever the fuck you want. That’s it. If people like it, great! If they don’t, fuck ‘em. You’re an author, and no one can take that away from you.

6.     What do you think makes a great story?
For me, a great story is all about the relationships. I cannot get into a book or a movie or a TV show unless I care about the relationships. And once a writer makes me care about a relationship, I want them to take me on a fun, fast, scary, exhilarating rollercoaster to ride with lots of twists and turns.

7.     Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

Oh, my God. How much time do we have? How about my top 10?
(In alphabetical order…)
Allie Brosh
Tillie Cole
Suzanne Collins
Jay Crownover
Olivia Cunning
T.M. Frazier
Colleen Hoover
E L James
Jenny Lawson
David Sedaris

8.     What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

I’m finishing up book 1 in my Four Men series. It’s about my experiences as a fifteen-year-old punk chick back in the late ‘90s when I was being pursued and isolated by our town’s only skinheada tortured, violent, complicated, psychopath. It touches on every taboo, hot button issue that teenagers face, even today, and tells the story of how a good kid, from a good home, with good grades, managed to get herself mixed up in every bad thing imaginable.

9.     What genre are your books?

My first book, 44 Chapters About 4 Men, was published as a memoir and a romantic comedy, but my second book is probably going to be published under Coming of Age and Erotic Romance.

10.                        What drew you to the genre you write?
The books that I enjoy reading.

11.                        Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)
I actually sold the movie option to 44 Chapters About 4 Men and have been in talks with the producer about getting Emma Stone to play me!

12.                        Do you write full-time or part-time?

I actually quit my job to pursue writing full time, but I have 2 small kids, so it still ends up being part-time.

13.                        What is the hardest thing about writing?
Finding the time to do it.

14.                        Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

Thankfully, I’ve never experienced a true case of writer’s block, but I certainly have days when I’m just not into it. On those days I edit what I’ve already written. Or I look for cover graphics. Or I do something else that is at least book related. That way I still feel productive.

15.                        Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

Not as much as I’d like. Most of my free time is devoted to writing and social media, honestly, but when I do read it’s almost always a comedic memoir (Right now I’m halfway through Amy Schumer’s The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo) or some romance novel with a tattooed bad boy alpha male on the cover.

16.                        Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

Only that I’m in the process of bullying a man at the Jameson Irish Whiskey headquarters into officially sponsoring me. Wish me luck!

17.                        How can Readers discover more about you and your work? (Please provide proper links)

FACEBOOK AUTHOR PAGE: www.facebook.com/bbeaston
FACEBOOK PERSONAL PAGE: www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010815943401
#TEAMBB PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP: www.facebook.com/groups/1586761384969664/
INSTAGRAM: @author.bb.easton (www.instagram.com/author.bb.easton/?hl=en)
TWITTER: twitter.com/bb_easton
ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/artbyeaston


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

My pleasure! Thank you so much for thinking of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment