Sunday 9 October 2016

My Interview with Author Belle Brooks


1. When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author? 

I have been writing for as long as I can remember. Connecting with the writer inside of me though, really didn’t take place until I was seventeen. I have been writing ever since. 

2. Where do you get your ideas for your book?

The voices in my head. No seriously, they just drop in, spin a tale, make me write it all down and then abandon me. I do like to combine some of my life experiences in my work as well.

3. What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Being a Mum. It’s the most important job I’ve ever been allowed to have… it’s action packed and full of fun. I’m also a beach girl and I love to be in warm weather near water somewhere. I just do whatever tickles my fancy at the time. I’m the type of person who just enjoys the simple pleasures of life. I’m a pretty laid back Aussie.

4. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

A lot. Way too many to count on my hands and feet. Published though, I’ve only just released my first book, yes I’m a debut author.  I guess right now the Thirty Days series is my favorite.

5. Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Write, write, write, write. Read, read, read, read. Observe. Travel. Smell everything. Taste new things. Run your fingers over every differing texture. The best writers are those that spend time really sitting and observing life and their surroundings.  Also, never publish the first books you write. Take your time and really play with your craft and abilities first.

6. What do you think makes a great story?

For me it’s a story that takes a reader by complete surprise. A story that holds them to those pages refusing to let them go until the very last line.

7. Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

All of them. Any writer who can drop you into another world at a precise moment in time and paint a realistic story in which you feel you are walking alongside the characters, inspires me. There are way too many to name.

8. What are you working on at the moment? (optional)

I am working on a standalone called Always You. Always You, publishes on the 2nd of February 2016. It will be my fourth publication.

9. What genre are your books?

I write both Contemporary and Suspense Romance.

10. What drew you to the genre you write?

It’s where I naturally fit in. I’d love to be able to write thrillers though. Maybe one day.

11. Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character
from your most recent book? (any book you like)

Nick Bateman for Marcus Klein. Abigail, well I’m still yet to pinpoint someone for her.

12. Do you write full-time or part-time?

I write whenever motherhood allows me the opportunity. Most nights I pen words. Writing relaxes me.

13. What is the hardest thing about writing?

Finding time to write when your characters demand you to.

14. Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

I’ve never experienced writer’s block. So sorry, no advice.

15. Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I read a lot. I’m open to all genres. Going in blind to a book is my favorite thing to do. I never read blurbs, instead I randomly pick books, open the cover and start reading.
A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole was a stand out for me in 2016. The only book to ever claim a tear from my eye is, Kim Holden’s Bright Side. I am still looking for my ugly cry book, it’s out there I’ve just not found it yet. Anything by Colleen Hoover, I love her style of writing and the stories she delivers. Stephen King is a genius. I also love Nicholas Sparks. The Notebook would have to be my all-time favorite book.

16. Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Nothing else. Thank you for this opportunity.

17. How can Readers discovery more about you and your work? (please provide
proper links)
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15271143.Belle_Brooks
Belle Brooks Author Facebook:
http://bit.ly/1Uxjj0V
Belle Brooks – Facebook Friend Page:
http://bit.ly/1UeshSi
Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Belle-Brooks/e/B01JZ44AWU...
Twitter: @bellebrooks16

2 comments:

  1. Reading 'Thirty Days' at the moment. For a debut novel , it is excellant. Thank you for your words Belle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl Riddell for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete