Tuesday 3 January 2017

My Interview with Author AJ Renee








1.      When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I would say that it was after I wrote Widower’s Aura. I realized it was something I would have purchased for myself as a reader. I missed the high I got during scenes when I didn’t know what was coming until my fingers would fly over the keyboard.

2.      Where do you get your ideas for your book?

‘What if’s’ really are the beginning to my ideas. Widower’s Aura was an idea after my best friend died. She never had her own love story. As I wrote Widower’s Aura I really enjoyed Lindsey and Marc’s story and that’s how I realized it would become a series.

3.      What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Reading, video games, running (which I need to get back to), movies, and traveling are a few of the things I enjoy doing.

4.      How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I have almost three books written now. There are also two short stories. I almost feel like the one I’m currently working on is my favorite, so it’s always changing.

5.      Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

As much as it frustrates even me to hear, patience. Don’t rush things. The writing needs time as does the editing and marketing. It’s hard work but you don’t want to hate it by putting too much pressure on yourself.

6.      What do you think makes a great story?

The relationship between the characters. You can’t get into a novel that has an abundance of detail or flat characters you can’t relate to. Luckily no two people are alike so we have a vast amount of personalities to enjoy coming together.

7.      Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

Marie Force, Kathleen Brooks, Carina Adams, Rachel VanDyken... to name a few. I’ve been following MF, KB, and RVD since their beginnings so to see how far they have come makes me feel like a cheerleader on the sidelines.

8.      What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

I’m editing and prepping Always Mine for it’s March release. I will then finish writing book three of the St. Fleur series, Duplicity. I also just wrote a short story for a blog.

9.      What genre are your books?

Contemporary Romance and Suspense 

10.  What drew you to the genre you write?

It’s the genre I love to devour. Before I wrote Widower’s Aura I was like most readers. I could easily read 7+ books in a week.

11.  Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

Josh Duhamel is my Noah Tyler.

12.  Do you write full-time or part-time?

Part-time. I’m a stay at home mom so all of my work (writing, social media, etc...) revolves around my family.

13.  What is the hardest thing about writing?

The guilt. I write with my girls around because if not I’d never write. The mommy guilt makes me wonder if I’m neglecting them at times. 

14.  Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

I find that reading your work from the beginning puts you in the story as a reader and when you get to where you hit a wall the ideas are flowing again.

15.  Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

Lately I haven’t been reading as much as I’d like. I’ll get 2-3 pages in before my Nook hits me in the face because I’m falling asleep. I love romance.

16.  Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

Thank you to the readers and bloggers who support me and other writers. There are some dark days where I find myself wondering why I’m putting myself through all the extra stress and then I’ll receive a message or review that shows me that people do care. 

17.  How can Readers discover more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)
Please follow and message me at any or all of the links below. I’d love to hear from them!

Facebook page: http://bit.ly/2i0gI01
Facebook profile: http://bit.ly/2hpaCsS
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2fmR0Wj

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview

Thank you for this opportunity. I enjoyed myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment