Tuesday 3 January 2017

My Interview with Author Shayne Ford








When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I never thought I'd become a writer despite writing my first story when I was a teen. It was never about me becoming an author as it was about writing stories that I enjoyed. I’ve been a voracious reader since I can remember and being able to tailor a story to my taste it’s an incredible experience.  Initially, I didn’t even think I could bring a novel to completion, let alone end up with a pile of stories. And then I realized I could publish them and make them available to other people as well, and possibly find those readers who enjoy them as much as I do.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?


Life, my experience, bits, and pieces that catch my eyes and stimulate my imagination. The stories come to me one way or another.
Sometimes they start with something small, a scene, a setting, a piece of dialogue, the glimpse of someone who spurs my imagination and then, they evolve from there.


What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?


I read a lot. I love cars, so I enjoy driving. Photography. Walking.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I currently work on several series. The six books now published belong to two of those series. I love all of them.
Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?



Write. Read a lot. Regardless the genre, make the writing as entertaining as possible. Have a secondary source of income. Ideally, something that doesn’t eat all your time and allows you to pursue your passion. Ideally, have supportive people around you. People who understand the kind of effort and commitment it takes.

What do you think makes a great story?

A great story is a journey. It takes you somewhere. It pulls you in. A good story doesn’t necessarily equate with good writing. Even poorly written books have the capacity to deliver great stories.


Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

I enjoy many. It wouldn’t be fair to name only a few.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

Finishing one of the series.

What genre are your books?

New Adult Erotic Romance

What drew you to the genre you write?

I wanted to write something I enjoy, and hopefully others. Life can be really shitty sometimes and books are one of the most accessible forms of escapism.
I enjoy reading Erotic Romance and that’s what I write.
My personal preference goes to the New Adult age group (18 to 30). I happen to believe that it’s one of the best parts of life and often times it goes by without people having the wisdom to fully enjoy it.
Why Erotic Romance?
One of the deepest connection with another human being happens in the bedroom. Intellectually, it’s an inexhaustible source of human’s psyche exploration and a great way to bring a character to life.


Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

Although I do have a clear picture of how the lead characters look and act like, I can’t think of an actor/actress to portray them. I’m sure there are numerous talented people who could play those characters, and I wouldn’t mind someone less known if it checks most of the points on my list.
A certain kind of look is quintessential (the kind that cameras love, it’s not that common lately in the movies) and also the capacity to express a variety of emotions and convey the erotic element of the story without being creepy, awkward, cheesy or overtly explicit. Ha, ha. Not a tall order at all.
Chemistry between the protagonists is also paramount.


Do you write full-time or part-time?

Full-time.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Pulling your brain out of the creative mode to deal with the mundane stuff, and then plugging it back on.


Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

Relax, listen to some music, work on the outline, watch something that inspires you. Spend some time alone. Or just take a nap and write when you wake up with a fresh mind.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I used to read much more than I do now. My favorite genre is New Adult Erotic Romance.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

Thank you for giving me the opportunity of this interview.


How can Readers discover more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

My website: www.shayneford.com
My email: shayne@shayneford.com
My Amazon store: www.amazon.com/author/shayneford
Keep in touch with me :http://eepurl.com/crGD5P
Twitter: @ShayneFordBooks
Facebook Author’s Page: http://www.facebook.com/ShayneFordAuthor/

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview

No comments:

Post a Comment