Tuesday 3 January 2017

My Interview with Author Alexandrea Weis








  1. When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author? I think it started when I was eight. I enjoyed writing then, but the thought of a career in writing never took hold until later in life. After I had pursued a career in nursing, I wanted to pursue the stories in my head. 

  1. Where do you get your ideas for your book? Everywhere and anywhere. They come to me at any time.

  1. What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing? Animals. I am a permitted wildlife rehabber with the La. Wildlife and Fisheries. I rescue orphaned and injured wildlife and return them to the wild. That, and I have a house filled with fur babies. So most of my time away from writing is taking up by animals.

  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? I have written over 45 books, and have published 24. I think my favorite is still my first, To My Senses. Book 1 in the Nicci Beauvoir thriller romance series. It still touches my heart.

  1. Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing? Just write. I think of creativity as a muscle, you have to use it to get stronger. Just write and keep writing. It takes time to find your voice. Never give up. 

  1. What do you think makes a great story? Characters. You have to believe the people in the story are real to relate to them. When you accept the characters the story grabs hold.

  1. Which Writer/Authors inspire you? There are many. Hemingway, Charles Dickens, Mary Renault, Ian Fleming.

  1. What are you working on at the moment? A YA thriller called Girl in the River coming later this year from Vesuvian Books. It is about a golden boy gone bad, and the women he hurts get their revenge.

  1. What genre are your books? Paranormal, Erotic romance, and a blend of both.

  1. What drew you to the genre you write? I’m from New Orleans. Paranormal is in my blood, and I grew up in the French Quarter so all things odd and spooky are like home to me.

  1. Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book? I think I would have to wait for the adaptation either screenplay or teleplay to make that decision. Every story is different.

  1. Do you write full-time or part-time? Full time. 7 days a week, and holidays.

  1. What is the hardest thing about writing? Sitting down and doing the work. There are times it is like walking on air, and times it is like trudging through the mud.

  1. Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block? Get away from the computer. I drive and clear my head.

  1. Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres? I don’t have a lot of time for reading, but when I do it is usually history books. I love history.

  1. Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

  1. How can Readers discovery more about you and your work:


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview





1 comment: